Keepup the hard work
Postjam Update 1!
I accidentally worked on this a bunch over the past two days when I meant to be doing other things! I had intended to just fix some bugs but oops I added a bunch of items! No new enemies (yet) but I still hope to add the whole retinue of uppercase letters at some point. Alas, I have much work to do elsewhere so I fear my time spent on Atgtha may be sporadic at best.
Also! Since there seems to have been moderate-to-significant interest in how I made the game so juicy and jiggly and whatnot, I figured I'd dedicate one of my dev-streams to talking about how to juice up ya game in GMS2 (and possibly also relevant to other tools??)!
If you're free pop on over to...
at...let's say 2pm PDT (9pm UDT)...
...to hear/watch me ramble about the fantasticitude of lerp and lengthdir!
In any case, I hope you all are doing well in this mad mad world. I'm not! But making games helps a lot.
- Extra tooltips give more information on certain items and enemies
- Added lava, fire, and ice
- Added dark rooms
- Added several new items:
- Windowless Shield
- Wand of Fireplanes
- Staff of Sprouts
- Iron Foam Finger
- Rowdy Dao
- Trouble-Barreled Shotgun
- Javel Inc.
- Each equipment class (!,],),=,},/) now has at least 5 unique items!
- Added "Shiny" items with more unique perks that make dead-end rooms more worthwhile
- Wand o' Zapping now has an increasing chance to explode as it's used
- Enemies now die when forced into void tiles by Kickin' K'shoes or Choo Choo Chain
- Old Man now has an intro message to start the fight
- Vault rooms now appear less frequently
- Equipped Blood Belts are now destroyed when struck by a Fangus
- Made attacks a bit more clear so the player knows which entities are attacking
- Made the Amulet and Exit both spawn sooner
- Corncob now only decreases by discovering deeper rooms, not just any room
- Doors that bring you deeper are now more visually distinct
- Defeating Old Mans now always heals you to full
- Crime Swords no longer spawn outside of using the Chainmail Balaclava
- Made Guerrila Gauntlets green
- Renamed Dramatic Katana to Drama Katana
- Crash: Infinite loop in turn ordering
- Bug: Ravin's sometimes spontaneously die when landing
- Bug: Snackes don't properly throw themselves into the mouths of their allies
- Bug: Inescapable dead-ends should no longer occur*
- Bug: Math Bomb's explosion affects a much further range than it looks like
- Minor: Various typos
*Emphasis on "should"